Tue, 12 January 2016
Patrick Keller is the host of the Big Séance Podcast and a
middle school vocal music teacher. His podcast opens up a
discussion on all thing paranormal and touches on subjects like
ghost hauntings, spirit communication, paranormal research, and
more. Patrick talks about his childhood, his podcast obsession, and
his intense interest in the paranormal.
- 04:15 – Patrick went through the
whole Podcast Junkies catalog.
- 04:40 – Patrick ‘stole’ my hashtag
- 07:10 – What makes Patrick listen
to all the episodes in a podcast that he’s recently
- 11:35 – Does Patrick plan on going
to Podcast Movement?
- 13:20 – Patrick talks about being
a music teacher.
- 18:45 – Why is Patrick interested
in the paranormal?
- 25:15 – Why did Patrick start his
- 32:00 – Patrick talks about his
- 36:25 – What’s Patrick’s ‘big
fish’ guest list?
- 36:50 – Why are paranormal TV
shows so popular?
- 39:25 – Is The Blair Witch Project
- 45:40 – Patrick did almost every
creative class in school.
- 48:00 – Patrick talks about his
- 48:50 – I also wanted to build a
water slide when I was younger.
- 52:40 – Patrick talks about his
- 57:20 – Was it really a simpler
time back when we were growing up?
- 01:01:40 – Who are Patrick’s
- 01:08:10 – What kind of challenges
will Patrick have growing the show?
- 01:12:05 – What’s the most
misunderstood thing about Patrick?
- 01:16:00 – Patrick hasn’t had any
luck with the Ouija board.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/72
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Patrick-Keller-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 3:47am EDT
Mon, 4 January 2016
Morgan Dix is the co-founder and creative director for About
Mediation, as well as the host of The OneMind Meditation podcast.
He has 15 years of formal meditation training in a contemporary
yoga and meditation ashram, where he also created online courses
and learning opportunities for thousands of people. Morgan talks on
how he found meditation, his involvement with EnlightenNext, and
the key differences between mindfulness and meditation.
- 04:50 – What was Mark surprised
about at Podcast Movement?
- 08:25 – Mark talks about his first
podcast: The DC Universe Podcast.
- 12:40 – Podcasting has made Mark a
- 19:55 – Mark talks about his
- 25:00 – Mark talks about his
friend Ben Beaumont.
- 32:30 – That one guest isn’t going
to ‘make’ your show.
- 36:10 – Mark and I talk about our
- 40:35 – UK vs. US podcasting?
- 44:35 – Mark is a Dick
- 45:05 – Mark talks comics.
- 52:20 – His first memory of the
United States: Superman.
- 56:40 – Who are Mark’s
- 01:01:50 – What has Mark changed
his mind about recently?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/71
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Morgan-Dix-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 7:58am EDT
Tue, 29 December 2015
Bill Barol is the host of HOME: Stories From L.A. and the author
of Thanks for Killing Me. He is also a journalist and has written
for various web sites such as Forbes, Huffington Post, and others.
Although Bill’s podcast is relatively new, it really stood out to
me because of its high quality. Bill talks on how he came up with
the theme for the podcast and why he decided to use podcasting as
the medium. This episode is a bit longer than usual, so get
comfortable and enjoy the show!
- 00:05:35 – I talk about the
quality of Bill’s podcast.
- 00:06:25 – What has the reaction
to Bill’s podcast been like so far?
- 00:08:55 – Why did Bill decide to
get into podcasting?
- 00:14:05 – Bill talks about
equipment used for podcasting.
- 00:16:10 – Even though Bill’s
podcast is new, I knew right away he was taking it seriously.
- 00:20:15 – Home is a loaded word,
so why did he choose it for the theme of his podcast?
- 00:25:20 – Bill has a complicated
relationship with Philadelphia, the city he grew up in.
- 00:29:30 – Bill is open to hearing
out people’s story ideas for his podcast.
- 00:32:15 – Why was the 1994
Northridge earthquake a defining moment for Bill?
- 00:36:25 – That story stood out to
me because I was in New York during 9/11.
- 00:38:55 – How does Bill choose
the music he uses in the podcast?
- 00:44:25 – We learn about the back
story behind Episode 2: In Their Room.
- 00:55:05 – Bill talks about
Episode 3: One Man’s Town, and Episode 5: Growing Up 818.
- 01:09:10 – Bill talks about his
experience in journalism and the transformation from print to
- 01:12:50 – Bill talks about the
cover piece he wrote on David Letterman.
- 01:16:55 – We talk about
co-sleeping with our pets.
- 01:18:25 – What has Bill changed
his mind about recently?
- 01:20:10 – What challenges does
Bill anticipate while trying to grow the show?
- 01:28:00 – Be consistent with your
- 01:30:00 – Bill has been
publishing 2-3 minute extras from each interview that didn’t make
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/70
Direct download: PJ070-Bill-Barol.mp3
-- posted at: 11:50am EDT
Mon, 21 December 2015
Mark Asquith is the host of the Excellence Expected podcast, which is the number one small business podcast in the United Kingdom. Mark and I geek out a little bit on DC comics/superheroes and the nostalgia effect that happens when we pick up a comic. We also find out about Mark’s former mentors and the growing popularity of podcasts in the UK.
- 04:50 – What was Mark surprised about at Podcast Movement?
- 08:25 – Mark talks about his first podcast: The DC Universe Podcast.
- 12:40 – Podcasting has made Mark a better conversationalist.
- 19:55 – Mark talks about his mother.
- 25:00 – Mark talks about his friend Ben Beaumont.
- 32:30 – That one guest isn’t going to ‘make’ your show.
- 36:10 – Mark and I talk about our intros.
- 40:35 – UK vs. US podcasting?
- 44:35 – Mark is a Dick Grayson/Nightwing fan.
- 45:05 – Mark talks comics.
- 52:20 – His first memory of the United States: Superman.
- 56:40 – Who are Mark’s mentors?
- 01:01:50 – What has Mark changed his mind about recently?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/69
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Mark-Asquith-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 1:19am EDT
Mon, 14 December 2015
Taki Moore is the co-host of the Sales Marketing Profit podcast and the host of Coach Marketing Machine. Taki has a background in marketing and has been an inspirational coach to me. We met through a mutual friend, James Schramko, who I have also interviewed here. On the show, Taki shares his story on why he hates shoes, his first real job experience, and how he handles adversity.
- 04:10 – Taki talks about CrossFit.
- 09:25 – Who was Taki’s first mentor?
- 12:40 – Taki talks about his first cubicle job.
- 19:00 – How does Taki travel with his kids?
- 26:55 – Are you meant to just be a clock puncher?
- 30:35 – Why does Taki walk around barefoot?
- 38:00 – What are Taki’s podcasts about?
- 41:45 – Taki talks on the architecture of the content you’re creating.
- 47:20 – How important are friends to Taki?
- 58:00 – How does Taki handle adversity?
- 01:02:50 – There’s always time for some exciting adventures.
- 01:05:45 – We have a choice on how we want to handle adversity.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/68
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Taki-Moore-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 3:09pm EDT
Mon, 7 December 2015
Amy Schmittauer is a professional vlogger on YouTube and the
host of The Social Authority Podcast. Amy talks on the main reason
for creating her podcast, why she loves the video format just as
much as the audio, and whether or not she’ll continue creating
podcast episodes after February of next year.
- 04:20 – Amy and I discuss The
- 06:35 – Amy talks about
- 12:10 – Did Amy have imposture
syndrome when she started the podcast?
- 14:45 – Amy loves editing.
- 18:10 – Amy talks about her
- 24:35 – You think you’re
multitasking when listening to a podcast, but you’re actually
- 31:00 – It’s so easy to get
quality content for free or at low-cost.
- 34:00 – What is it like living in
the public eye?
- 39:20 – Amy talks about the things
she learned while working at a law firm.
- 44:15 – It is very important to
have confidence in yourself.
- 47:55 – Amy talks about her
awesome relationship with Sue B. Zimmerman.
- 52:15 – You attract like-minded
people into your life.
- 55:00 – Amy talks about her show,
The Social Authority Podcast.
- 57:25 – Amy hates Skype and has
been using Blab instead.
- 01:00:20 – What is Amy’s morning
- 01:01:25 – Amy has recently
changed her mind with her membership program.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/67
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Amy-Schmittauer-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 7:35pm EDT
Tue, 1 December 2015
Rem Lavictoire and Jonathan Colbon of The Sci-Fi Movie Podcast join me on the show to discuss their podcast and the various movies that have influenced them. We talk about Star Wars, Alien, Jaws, and so much more. This is definitely the podcast for all you movie buffs out there. To find out more about their show, go to http://sci fimoviepodcast.com/
- 06:00 – How did the podcast get started?
- 09:00 – Rem talks about the podcast format.
- 13:50 – How does Rem select the movies?
- 16:40 – Star Wars was the first sci-fi movie Rem watched and Alien had the most impact.
- 18:20 – Jonathan’s first sci-fi movie was Star Trek 4.
- 22:50 – Where’s the line drawn between horror and sci-fi?
- 28:35 – What makes a movie become a classic?
- 37:50 – The Expendables was such a guilty pleasure.
- 43:45 – Jonathan failed grade 9.
- 47:35 – Star Wars vs Star Trek?
- 50:25 – How did Rem get started in radio?
- 01:05:10 – How is The Fast and The Furious still a thing?
- 01:06:00 – Were the guys disappointed that Back to the Future inventions still don’t exist?
- 01:11:30 – The guys talk about upcoming movies.
- 01:16:25 – What about the technology that exists today that -should- be considered sci-fi?
- 01:21:20 – Don’t forget to check out Rem and Jonathan’s podcast.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/66
Direct download: PRE-PJ_066.mp3
-- posted at: 5:23am EDT
Mon, 23 November 2015
Lea Thau is a Peabody Award-winning producer and director, and she is also the creator and host of Strangers. Her podcast features true stories of people she meets. These ‘strangers’ bare it all on her podcast, and some even discover they aren’t who they thought they were. Lea has also taught storytelling to organizations around the country, including Google, Nike, Time Inc. and many others. Lea talks on the subject of living in New York City, the differences between Denmark and the U.S., and what her creative process is like.
- 07:45 – Why are people’s stories important to Lea?
- 12:15 – Lea talks on what it’s like to live in New York City.
- 25:20 – Lea discussed what people’s emotional states were like after 9/11.
- 33:50 – What was Lea’s experience like with India?
- 41:35 – Lea believes that being from Denmark has helped her gain interest in strangers.
- 49:15 – I talk about the book Spiral Dynamics.
- 51:15 – Lea is sometimes shocked by how brutal the U.S. system is.
- 58:15 – There’s two sides to the coin, especially as an immigrant living in the U.S.
- 01:05:10 – Lea describes her thought processes after talking to guests.
- 01:12:15 – Lea is personally invested in her guests and has cried during interviews.
- 01:17:25 – Lea talks about Nate DiMeo.
- 01:19:25 – How has Lea grown as an interviewer?
- 01:20:07 – What has Lea changed her mind about recently?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/65
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Lea-Thau-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 6:15am EDT
Sun, 15 November 2015
OK, this week Dan Lizette run an interesting experiment. With The Podcast Digest episode released on Sunday, the first part of our diabolical plan was put into motion. It turns out he's interviewing me for my show, while I return the favor on his show, which is now on the air! So immediately after listening to this episode, make sure you check out part 2 of this experiment and listen to me interviewing Dan Lizette on The Podcast Digest!
Enjoying the Show?
Music Intro by Cedar & Soil: Twitter | Facebook | Website
Direct download: PJ064-Harry-Duran.mp3
-- posted at: 9:53pm EDT
Tue, 10 November 2015
Mike Vardy is the host of the Productivity podcast and the
co-host of Workflowing with Michael Schechter. He has given both
talks and workshops related to goal, time, task, and project
management. On today’s episode, Mike talks to Harry on the three
words he’s focusing on this year, his family, and why he has a
Green Lantern ring.
- 04:50 – Why did Mike take an
- 09:00 – Mike recommends
podcasters/speakers should take an improv class.
- 14:10 – There’s no such thing as
an overnight success.
- 15:25 – Mike talks about Derek
- 17:35 – I’ve been doubling down on
some things lately.
- 19:00 – Mike’s focus is on three
words this year: Growth, Generosity, and Gratitude.
- 20:30 – My three words for this
year are: Focus, Forward, and Spirit.
- 22:00 – Mike and I talk a bit
- 27:40 – Why is Mike wearing a
super hero ring..?
- 38:30 – Practicing patience is
hard for Mike.
- 44:25 – Mike listens to the
- 45:25 – It’s so hard to just leave
your house when you’re working from home.
- 49:10 – Mike and his wife have
regular meetings about their family.
- 54:00 – Mike talks about EP 38:
Flying Solo: A Solo Parenting Productivity Adventure.
- 01:02:00 – Where does Mike’s
humility come from?
- 01:12:50 – I recommend The Mo Show
- 01:15:30 – One thing Mike has
changed his mind about recently?
- 01:19:40 – Get a free PDF and
audio program athttp://productivityist.com/podcastjunkies
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/63
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Mike-Vardy-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 1:44am EDT