Thu, 13 November 2014
Ray Ortega is definitely classified as a Podcast Junkie. He hosts the Podcasters’ Roundtable where a group of podcasters get together and nerd out. He first started podcasting about produce and has since expanded into the tech field. In this Ray Ortega interview, Ray and Harry sit down for a great episode on Podcast Junkies and talk about his various shows he’s started up and some other fascinating podcasting stuff.
- 07:50 – Ray talks about his first podcast.
- 12:40 – Podcasters’ Roundtable uses Google +’s platform really well. Ray says he loves the live stream, the user interaction, and notifications that you can get with using it.
- 18:25 – Ray’s show is about other podcasters sharing what they’ve learned about podcasting. It’s a playground, a sandbox, and a place to have fun and talk about cool things.
- 30:10 – Reach out to Ray and always ask questions before you buy any gear. He’s happy to help.
- 35:00 – If you see something lacking in the market, don’t be afraid to try and make it better or try and teach it better.
- 41:30 – Ray used to be a police officer before he became a professional podcast producer.
- 44:40 – We are all podcast amateurs, but as long as you learn from it, just do it.
- 49:35 – Dave Jackson is a big mentor to Ray and loves what Dave can bring to the table for his podcast.
- 52:00 – Ray receives a package!
- 55:35 – Ray has a new episode coming out about compression.
- 57:20 – Ray wants to tackle monetization, but he’s saving that episode until he can find the right experts.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/26
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Ray-Ortega-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 3:20am EDT
Wed, 5 November 2014
Nicole Welch is the show host for Real Time: Real Men Only and talks specifically to men who want to build powerful, influential, and sustainable relationships in both their personal or business life. In this Nicole Welch interview, she sits down with Harry on Podcast Junkies to talk about tapping into your true inner calling and finding your identity in this world. Harry met Nicole at the Podcast Movement and both of them loved each other’s vibe. Sit down and learn with both Harry and Nicole today on Podcast Junkies!
- 07:40 – Nicole talks a little bit about her move to Honduras and the various gang members she helped.
- 12:15 – Both Nicole and Harry share their machete stories.
- 19:00 – Nicole tries to showcase the heroes on her shows. Guys like Harry who cleans up the kitchen before he podcasts. Show the guy that’s hustling and balancing all aspects of his life.
- 22:20 – Open communication is so important for a couple, especially if you’re an entrepreneur and are always busy.
- 28:45 – You need to know who you are, so that people can get this fresh perspective from you. Don’t follow the trend and be yourself.
- 35:00 – Nicole believes that everyone has a calling, but most people truly don’t know what they want. They don’t sit down, take time for themselves, and ask the important questions to help them get there.
- 40:00 – In order to have an adventurous life, you need to have the good, the bad, the painful, and take risks. There’s always a bigger picture, but you can’t get there if you don’t experience this range of emotion.
- 47:25 – Nicole loves studying people. She loves to watch Tony Robbins in particular and how he is able to interact with a crowd.
- 50:52 – Life’s too short to worry about what people think of you.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/25
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Nicole-Welch-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 2:23am EDT
Thu, 23 October 2014
John Corcoran is an expert in developing powerful networks and talks to Harry about how he was able to succeed with his podcast and more. At 23 years old, he landed a job as a writer for the Clinton administration. He says he was able to do it because he was good at developing strong relationships with the right people. In this John Corcoran interview, John shares some tips with Harry and his audience on how you can be a great asset to your network and gives you a little Easter egg worth of goodies at the end of the show.
- 6:00 – He loves podcasting because you can build a relationship you’re talking to for the podcast, you’re learning, and you get to help others.
- 10:00 – Listening to your own podcast helps educate you and teaches special skills about yourself.
- 16:10 – It’s important to get an experienced podcast-guest on the show, but it is also important to bring on the new guys too so that your audience doesn’t get bored.
- 22:30 – There are people who don’t see the value in reaching out and helping people they’ve just met.
- 25:40 – It’s best to keep on maintaining those relationships and always be on somebody’s mind, so you don’t end up being the guy who just got laid off and reaching out to all your contacts who haven’t heard from you in the past 3-4 years. It just looks bad.
- 27:18 – Have a networking list and have goals to help you in the future.
- 35:15 – As a podcast host, you really want to feel like you’re talking directly to the listener and that’s exactly what the listeners want from you.
- 44:20 – Just let others know what you’re doing and let them know that you want to keep in touch with them. Let them know that they can sign up to your email list so you can be in touch with them.
- 49:00 – John shares quick tips on how you can get a busy, popular person to come on to your show and be interviewed.
- 52:50 – It’s important to keep the real life moments of podcasting in and unedited, because it just sounds better.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/24
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-John-Corcoran-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 8:29am EDT
Fri, 10 October 2014
In this Kim Trumbo Interview we hear the story of what inspired her to create the popular Generosity Philosophy podcast, her thoughts on charities, and the connections the show has created. campaign.
- 11:30 – Kim gets the idea for a podcast
- 28:00 – Are the challenges with bigger charities?
- 36:30 – The organic growth of the show
- 42:00 – This wouldn’t have happened without the podcast
- 44:30 – A heartfelt realization from Kim
- 54:00 – Kim & Molly launch a 2nd podcast
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/23
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Kim-Trumbo-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 1:22pm EDT
Fri, 26 September 2014
Steve Stewart is a man of many talents, and in this conversation we cover conferences, favorite vinyl tracks, breakdancing and, oh yeah, podcasting!
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/22
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Steve-Stewart-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 3:00am EDT
Sun, 21 September 2014
In this Jordan Agolli interview, we meet the dynamic host of the Teenage Entrepreneur podcast. At age 20, he’s already run a successful 20-person business, and is now working on several big ideas.
- 04:15 - – The preparation mindset Karate gives you
- 09:45 - – The breakdown of the tournament
- 13:15 - – The importance of surrounding yourself with better talent
- 17:50 - – Jordan’s intro into podcasting
- 19:40 - – Jordan’s first business at 14
- 23:45 - – A business branding session
- 27:15 - – The start of the Teenage Entrepreneur Podcast
- 31:30 - – The birth of the Creative Rebellion mastermind
- 38:30 - – The importance of face to face call
- 46:45 - – Tips for connecting with your guest
- 52:15 - – Is quality better than quantity?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/21
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Jordan-Agolli-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 1:58am EDT
Sat, 13 September 2014
Every once in a while you have such an inspiring conversation, it motivates you to do all you can to help the cause. Brandy Shea and Bryndan Thomas are traveling the USA for the next 2 years in search of 250 of the most compelling and inspirational entrepreneur stories. This is the story of the Quality Thrives campaign.
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/20
Mon, 8 September 2014
Following up on all the connections made and renewed after Podcast Movement, I’m back from the too-long hiatus with the host of the Event Supremacy podcast, the man himself, Mr. Vernon Foster II. In this Vernon Foster II Interview, we break it down and even drop some podcasting rhymes. You’ve been warned.
- 05:45 - Vernon’s background in live events & DJing
- 12:45 - The origins of FinCon
- 15:00 - Where are the Ah-Ha moments during the show?
- 16:00 - The importance of ACT
- 17:30 - Lead with the community’s ideas
- 20:15 - The origins of Vernon’s podcast history
- 26:15 - The OG podcasters talk podfading
- 27:30 - Going back to the early episodes
- 33:00 - Realize that you have your fans listening
- 38:45 - The importance of being authentic both on and off the air
- 44:00 - The new direction of Event Supremacy
- 49:45 - It’s hard out here for a podcaster
- 51:00 - What else is in the works for Vernon?
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/19
Tue, 5 August 2014
As I continue with my goal of tracking down veteran podcasters, it was inevitable that I would have Dave on the show. Not only does he LOVE podcasting, he always remembers to have a fun time while doing it! Truly inspiring and educational.
- 04:00 - The early days of podcasting
- 09:00 - Dave’s teaching background
- 14:20 - The inspiration of John Lee Dumas
- 16:20 - Is New & Noteworthy overrated?
- 20:35 - Have a personality on your show!
- 24:15 - A whole episode on editing
- 28:55 - Leaving the outtakes in the show
- 37:35 - Providing your own unique voice
- 47:30 - The challenges of solo shows
- 52:30 - How to keep from rambling
- 58:20 - Finding unique question for popular guests
- 63:30 - What has Dave excited now?
- 71:50 - Who is Inspiring Dave now?
- 74:15 - Don’t be predictable
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/18
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-Dave-Jackson-Interview.mp3
-- posted at: 12:54am EDT
Fri, 25 July 2014
So this is my first solo show, and I decided to do something different. I happened to be traveling and the stars didn't align for a planned interview. I took the opportunity to do something different and give you a small taste of what my two days were like there. I really enjoyed it and will likely doing some of these every now and then in between interviews. An American Podcaster in London indeed!
FULL SHOW NOTES: http://www.podcastjunkies.com/17
Direct download: Podcast-Junkies-London.mp3
-- posted at: 1:00am EDT